During your dishwasher’s wash cycle, the detergent dispenser door opens to release the soap needed to clean your dishes. A broken dispenser may not open, meaning soap won’t get added to the hot water in your appliance. If the wash cycle is lacking soap, you’ll be left with dirty dishes. In order for you dishes to get cleaned, you’ll need to replace the damaged detergent dispenser.
Appliance Repair Safety Tips
- Before you start repairing your Frigidaire dishwasher model FBD2400KS, unplug the appliance from the wall and turn off the water supply valve.
- Keep your hands and eyes protected by wearing work gloves and safety glasses during the entire repair.
- If you run into any issues while repairing your dishwasher, please put down your tools and contact an appliance repair technician to complete the job.
How to Replace the Detergent Dispenser in Your Frigidaire Dishwasher
- Open your dishwasher door and unthread the screws at the top and bottom of the inner door panel.
- Partially close the door. Then, while holding the door open with one hand, use your other hand to grab the bottom of the outer door panel. Once you have a good grip, pull the door panel down to uninstall it from the dishwasher door.
- With the front panel removed, the detergent dispenser is now visible. Before you can uninstall the damaged component, you’ll need to disconnect the wires running to the dispenser’s small motor. To do so, unhook the wires from the retaining clip, and then use a flat head screwdriver to carefully pry the wires off the motor terminals.
- Using a Phillips screwdriver unthread the six screws that secure the dispenser to the dishwasher door.
- While holding onto the back of the detergent dispenser, open the dishwasher door. Once the door is open, remove the dispenser by lifting it up and out of the door.
- With the dishwasher door still open, snap the new detergent dispenser into the opening on the door.
- Close the dishwasher door and rethread the dispenser screws to hold the component in place.
- Place the wires back into the retaining clip and reconnect the wires to the motor terminals.
- Now that the new detergent dispenser is installed, reattach the door’s front panel by aligning the slots on the panel with the tabs on the door. Then carefully slide the panel up to lock it in place.
- To finish up your repair, open the dishwasher door and reinstall the inner door panel screws.
If you’re not sure why your dishwasher isn’t cleaning your dishes, please contact us today, and we’ll have one of our highly trained technicians inspect your appliance.