The model number of your appliance is often the unexpected key to a successful appliance repair. Not only can you use a model number to look up how to repair specific problems with your specific appliance, but you will need that model number to buy the right replacement part to do the actual repair. However, where to find the model number is not always immediately obvious. If you own an appliance in the Whirlpool family of appliances, here is where you will find the model number located.
- Dishwasher – Accessed by opening the dishwasher door, you can find the model number on the inner lip of the dishwasher.
- Dryer – Opening the dryer door, you can find the model number, not on the actual door, but in the recess in which the door closes.
- Washer – Accessed by opening the door, you will find the model number on the rim of the washer.
- Microwave – You will find the model number on the edge of the microwave door.
- Range – Accessed by opening the oven door, you will find the model number on the inner rim.
- Cooktop – On Whirlpool cooktops, you will find the model number underneath it. You will need to lift the cooktop up.
- Garbage Disposal – The model number will be on the exterior of the unit, easily found.
- Refrigerator – Accessed by opening your refrigerator door, you will find the model number on the inner rim or on the top of the door.
Once you have found the model number, you can look up specific repairs, but you will want to get your replacement parts from a reputable buyer. In some cases, it may just be better to call a professional appliance repair technician to handle more complex repairs that can be dangerous to even the most skilled DIYer.